Friday, September 30, 2011

One of the Plaques on the Citadel
The Citadel




First Folks Arrive and Set Up for the Picnic
Open Doors at the Citadel

      
I snapped this photo at a community picnic.  There was a little girl to my right, maybe she was 8.  She was tucked into a corner, at the highest point in the rock structure.  She was telling a little boy, "Look this is the highest point, if a plane came by we just stand here like this and they couldn't see us." She was using her tiny little arm to point at a plane in the sky, while making herself as small and still as possible.  She was holding her breath.  


For those who are wondering, the flag is art and the Citadel is art too. 
Next post, more on the Citadel and perhaps some historical context....





5 comments:

  1. Amazing photos, and really liked the story of the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been, though you've piqued my curiosity. The Revolution is fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures on here are great!! I love how personal and detailed your blog is..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to the Citadel too, pretty amazing stuff. Awesome pictures

    ReplyDelete